WE ARE PARENT BUDDIES
Parent Buddies is a one-to-one listening service for parents and carers. It has been designed to offer short term specific support, depending on individual needs.
This may include: listening, supporting parents or primary carers with specific issues causing stress, and signposting parents or primary carers to specialist services when needed.
Parents/carers can either self refer or be referred by a professional. Parents/carers are matched with available and suitable Parent Buddy volunteers. The volunteers will then contact parents/carers to offer an initial session. The initial session will be an opportunity to discuss and agree goals and sign a simple contract, including a confidentiality statement. Parent Buddies service is free to any parent or primary carer.
Information for parents and Primary carers
A trained Parent Buddy will be able to offer to meet with you to offer listening and support. You can refer yourself or ask a professional to help with a referral.
Find a Parent Buddy near me:
• Knowle West - Knowle West Parent Buddies Service – contact Angie on email@example.com
• Lawrence Weston - Lawrence Weston Parent Buddies Service – contact Louisa on firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more details contact us.
Information for churches and local organisations
Parent Buddies Charity will equip and train you to set up and deliver the Parent Buddies Service in your local community.
Our commitment to you:
• Support with marketing in your local area and launch of Parent Buddies Service
• High quality Resources and Training for all Managers and Volunteer Buddies
• Regular update training
• Regular supervision for managers
Your commitment to Parent Buddies charity:
• Sign Partnership agreement
• Payment of set up costs(including training) and monthly subscription fees
• Deliver Parent Buddies Service in to parents and primary carers in your local community
For further information contact us.